It’s trivia time tonight. Here are my current Top 5 TV shows from the US:
1. 24. This show never fails to deliver. It’s the most addictive and thrilling series on air, with gripping plots and truly edge-of-your-seat cliffhangers. I make a point of watching this on DVD and not on TV because I like to watch episodes back to back. The Season 5 boxset is out on 6 November and I’m all set for a 24 marathon.
2. Prison Break. I only recently discovered this show which was highly recommended by my colleagues. I watched the first season on DVD and I was hooked from start to finish. The second season is not on British TV until next year.
3. Lost. This would have been in second place last year but the second season which finished only last month wasn’t on par with the first. It’s still compelling viewing, though, and I’m looking forward to seeing it back on British TV as early as next month (after Sky One poached it from E4).
4. Smallville. A must for Superman fans like me. Tom Welling is great as Clark Kent and Kristin Kreuk is gorgeous as Lana Lang. The show is beginning to show signs of fatigue after five years, however, and I hope that it finishes sooner rather than later.
5. The OC. I may be in my 30s but I could never resist a good teenage drama. I lapped up Beverly Hills, 90210 and Dawson’s Creek and The OC is up there with the best of them. Seasons 2 and 3 did not quite reach the standard set by the excellent Season 1 but I have a feeling that the show will bounce back with Season 4.
What are your favourites?